- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (About 4 pieces), cut into smaller pieces
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- fresh veggies of your choice: peppers, broccoli, snap peas, peas, carrots, water chestnuts, etc.
- Combine flour and pepper in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Before serving steam some veggies and throw into crock pot and stir.
- Add cashews and stir.
- Serve with rice.
Source : allrecipes.com